Sperm has earned many, many, many nicknames: spooge, man juice, baby batter…just to name a few. However, sperm gets more credit than it deserves when sperm is lumped in with semen. Here are seven strange and fun facts about sperm.
- Turns out, it’s not exactly the same as sperm. Sperm makes up a very small amount of man juice—only a mere 5-10 percent. The rest is the semen and since semen is nutrient-charged it also helps propel sperm into the uterine stratosphere. Think of semen as sperm’s wingman.
2. Every guy at one point or another has measured the size of his penis. I’ve done it even in my late 20s..ok, recently. You may think your penis or rather testicles packs a big load, but the average full ejaculation is only a teaspoon…NOT a tablespoon. Feel free to grab a teaspoon to see how you measure up, just wash your hands and the teaspoon when you’re finished.
3. Now that you know that sperm can launch its way up into the uterine planet thanks to its wingman, semen, you may want to know how long it can party and stay alive up in there. Hold onto your butts—up to five days! That’s right! Of course, this is dependant on the acidity of your partner’s womb. If the acidity is not ripe for fermentation, than typically it can last between 24 and 48 hours.
4. Speaking of strong sperm, no matter how many swimmers you think you have, you will never compare to a bat’s sperm which can live up to…wait for it…145 days. WOW!
5. Now that you feel inadequate about your sperm’s lifespan, don’t fret. Men NEVER stop producing sperm. That’s right, guys. Now you know how Richard Gere just had a baby and Charlie Chaplin never stopped even into his 70s. It’s ok to take some pride in that.
6. Shitty diet = shitty sperm. You are what you eat when it comes to sperm. The worst diet you have, the worse your sperm can get. Stay hydrated ON WATER, and eat foods rich in antioxidants and other aphrodiasic stimulants such as oysters and dark chocolate. As for the water, the more you drink, the deeper pool they have to swim in. Here are 11 foods that you should be eating right now to boost your stamina. You’re welcome.
7. Balls deep just took on a new meaning. Sperm are stored in your scrotum because sperm prefer cooler temps which makes sense since men tend to produce more sperm during the colder, winter months than during the heat of the summer.